Original Prusa SL1 kit
Our award-winning FDM 3D printers Original Prusa i3 received universal acclaim in all corners of the world. Now, it’s time to do the same with SLA technology.Original Prusa SL1 is a open-source SLA 3D printer developed and manufactured by Futur3D company. It is based on the MSLA printing process. Unlike Original Prusa i3 machines, this printer uses a high-resolution LCD panel and a UV LED to cure thin layers of resin to achieve an unprecedented level of detail.Original Prusa SL1 3D printer is based on the MSLA printing process. Unlike Original Prusa i3 machines, this printer uses a high-resolution LCD panel and a UV LED to cure thin layers of resin to achieve an unprecedented level of detail.This is a DIY kit. If you’re looking for fully assembled printer, you can find it here. You can also buy a bundle of printer and Curing and Washing Machine.
The most significant features of Original Prusa SL1
The SL1 is using a 5.5’’ high-resolution LCD display with the physical resolution of 2560×1440p, resulting in 0.047mm per pixel, that’s the fixed XY resolution. Thanks to Trinamic drivers and rigid dural frame, the SL1 can reach layer height of just 0.01 mm. But most users should stay within the recommended range of 0.025 – 0.1 mm per layer.
MOTORIZED TILTING BED
The resin tank has a motorized tilt function, which means that after curing a single layer, the print is not lifted vertically from the bottom of the tank. Instead, the tank tilts – this has three major benefits: stiring the resin to improve print quality, easy separation of large layer areas and much faster printing.
HIGH SPEED PRINTING
A high-performance UV light will cure one layer at a time, which takes about 6 seconds and then the printing platform is lifted, so the printer can start creating another layer. This configuration gives us a maximum print area size of 120 × 68 × 150 mm (or 4.7 × 2.6 × 5.9 in.).
FLEXIBLE FEP FILM
Removable resin tank of SL1 has a flexible transparent FEP film on the bottom. FEP material is cheap and we will have spare parts available through our eshop. In case you scratch or damage the FEP film in any way, the replacement is actually pretty easy – just unscrew a couple of screws, remove the damaged film and insert the new one.
You don’t need to calibrate before every print! The printing platform is connected to the main arm by a ball joint so if you loosen it and start the automatic calibration, the motor with a trapezoidal rod will lower the printing platform until it gently hits the bottom of the resin tank.
we are using a pretty smart design for the printer: its core is a rigid dural frame with a separate body, which greatly improves stability and reliability. To put it simply, it’s not another wobbly plastic thing. This thing is HEAVY! 🙂
RESIN LEVEL SENSOR
SL1 features a unique resin level sensor, which is located in the resin bed (also called ‘tank’). It helps you to pour the optimal amount of polymer into the tank and it also notifies you when the resin is running low and needs a refill, which prevents the situation when you would run out of resin mid-print.
SL1 features a sophisticated cooling system and also a vapor extraction system. If you didn’t know, printing with SLA produces various fumes, so that’s also why the printer has a lid. However, a good airflow is also important, so the printer has a fan with a high-quality filter at the back of the machine.
The whole device is controlled by a full-color LCD touchscreen and the G-codes can be uploaded via a USB flashdrive. However, there is also LAN and Wi-fi connectivity, which allows us to do some cool things apart from uploading G-codes – like enabling you to control the printer via a web browser. Even on your phone!
- SLA system: LCD and UV LED
- Supported materials: UV sensitive liquid resin, third-party resins supported
- 3D printer dimensions: 15.7×9.3×8.8 in / 400 × 237 × 225 mm
- Print area size: 4.7×2.6×5.9 in / 120 × 68 × 150 mm
- LCD display: 5.5’’
- Recommended layer height: 0.025–0.1 mm (variable layer height available)
- Minimum layer height: 0.01 mm
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi, LAN, Touchscreen LCD controls
- Speed: 6 seconds per layer, independent of layer size
LIST OF FEATURES
- One-time automatic calibration with quick-release printing platform
- Motorized tilting bed – prevents layer shifts, stirs the resin, enables faster printing
- Resin tank with flexible FEP film – easy and cheap replacement
- Silent operation thanks to Trinamic drivers with auto-homing function
- Advanced LCD cooling system improves performance and extends the life of internal components
- Safety features: Power Panic, protective membrane shielding the electronics, resin level sensor, vapor extraction
- Smart features and connectivity: LCD touchscreen, USB, Wi-fi, LAN, online monitoring via a web browser, Slic3r PE software
- 500ml bottle of resin included
- External curing and washing machine (sold separately or in the bundle)