Prusa i3 Bear Full Upgrade MK3
This is an aluminum Prusa i3 Bear Full Upgrade MK3.
Josef PRŮŠA has created numerous of incredible 3D printers and its latest Prusa i3 MK3 is capable of very impressive print quality for a very low price. A huge thanks to him and all its team!
One of the down point of the Prusa i3 MK2 and MK3 is the rigidity of the frame. A very good project has solved those problems by using 3030 extrusion aluminum : Prusa 3030 Haribo Edition. So why another conversion build? Check the next section 😉
Why another conversion build?
Here are the features that explain why I decided to create another printer upgrade.
- Use as much as possible original parts (no need to print a new RAMBo cover nor change any cable, rods or firmware)
- Compatible with MK2, MK2s MK2.5 and MK3
- Let user choose between two versions :
- Half upgrade : similar to MK3 and cheaper
- Full upgrade : stronger but more expensive
- Highly detailed manual
- Use more aluminum and less printed parts (3D printed parts can crack and are less reliable)
- Use Openbuilds hardware :
- Single platform of multitude compatible hardware parts (extrusion, plates, low profile screws…)
- V-Slot offers more possibilities for printed parts and customization than T-Slot
- Open source with powerful community
- Easy to square and build
- Other type of aluminum extrusions can be supported thanks to parametric design (check Fusion 360 files)
- 3D printed parts designed using advanced techniques like selective infill, clean vertical holes, sharp angle
- Open source by providing STL, STEP and Autodesk Fusion 360 files
Full And Half upgrades
The Prusa i3 Bear upgrade is proposed in two versions: full or half upgrade.
Github folder with all the needed files
– All aluminium rails pre-tapped & pre-cut to size, mounting brackets, mounting plates, screws and nuts to execute the upgrade
– All rails/plates/brackets are black anodized aluminium
– We follow the original BOM in partnership with the build author, so please consult the github for B.O.M.’s for each build version
Does not include: Printed parts
Currently kits have a lead time of up to 5 business days.